The best glass for windshields is laminated glass. It is made of two layers of glass with a layer of plastic sandwiched in between. This makes it very strong and resistant to breaking. In the event of an accident, the glass will stay in place and prevent shards from flying off and injuring occupants. Laminated glass also provides good visibility and is less likely to crack or chip than other types of glass.
Here are some of the benefits of laminated glass windshields:
- Safety: Laminated glass is much stronger than tempered glass, and it is less likely to shatter in an accident. This helps to protect occupants from flying glass shards.
- Visibility: Laminated glass has good visibility, even in bright sunlight. This is because the plastic layer between the two sheets of glass helps to reduce glare.
- Durability: Laminated glass is more durable than tempered glass, and it is less likely to crack or chip. This means that it will last longer and require fewer repairs.
If you are looking for the best glass for your windshield, then laminated glass is the best option. It is safe, durable, and provides good visibility.
Here are some other types of windshield glass:
- Tempered glass: Tempered glass is made by heating glass to a high temperature and then rapidly cooling it. This makes it very strong and resistant to breaking. However, tempered glass shatters into small, pebble-like pieces when it breaks, which can be dangerous.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate is a type of plastic that is often used in windshields. It is strong and lightweight, and it is less likely to shatter than tempered glass. However, polycarbonate is not as durable as laminated glass, and it may not provide as good of visibility.
The best type of windshield glass for your vehicle will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you are looking for the safest option, then laminated glass is the best choice. If you are looking for a lightweight and durable option, then polycarbonate may be a better choice.
Dave’s Metro Auto Glass Offers Windshield Replacement
Dave’s Metro offers cheap windshield replacement to all areas of Phoenix including:Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale and more. We offer on-site or off-site windshield replacement which allows us to come to your home, office or anywhere else in the Phoenix Valley. We can handle windhsield replacement for Semi trucks, RV’s and Buses, Heavy Equipment Glass, and more. We also offer custom glass cutting.
At Dave’s Metro Glass we want your repair to be hassle free. This is why we offer a free mobile service to you. We want our customers to know that they have the option to come in the shop but when they prefer mobile service there will be no extra charge. In most cases, we are able to provide mobile service the same day!