The average cost of repairing a windshield crack is $125 with costs ranging depending on the size, location and the kind of vehicle you own from $75 to $275 for the US in 2021. A cracked windshield can happen so quickly you do not always see it at first even though you hear the dreadful ping sound of a rock or stone bouncing off your windshield
Dealing With A Cracked Windshield
- Realize a cracked windshield can pose a severe hazard to your safety and the damage can quickly get a lot worse if it is not dealt with in a timely manner.
- Automotive experts rank the windshield as an automobiles third most important safety feature behind seat belts and airbags.
- As long as the crack is smaller than a dollar bill it can usually be repaired. Larger than that and you are looking at a full windshield replacement.
- Ignoring the crack allows debris or dirt to get inside the pit of the crack making it tougher to repair.
- A small crack can grow, therefore adding to the expense of repair as the window contracts or expands in cold or hot temperatures.
Does Insurance Cover Your Windshield Crack Repair?
Many times windshield crack repair is completely covered by your auto insurance. But be sure to check the terms and conditions carefully. If you have a deductible of more than $200-$250, you may want to choose just funding the repair yourself out of pocket.
What To Ask The Auto Repair Shop?
here are some questions, the strictly non-profit Auto Glass Safety Council recommends you ask when choosing a reputable auto glass repair company.
- What type of warranty can I expect to get?
- Do the materials used in your repair process exceed or meet all applicable federal standards of motor vehicle safety?
- Who is the manufacturer of the adhesive and have they certified you?
- Do you belong to the Auto Glass Safety Council as a registered member company?
- How soon once the glass is repaired shall I be able to use my vehicle?
Dave’s Metro Auto Glass Offers Windshield Replacement
Dave’s Metro offers cheap windshield replacement to all areas of Phoenix including:Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale and more. We offer on-site or off-site windshield replacement which allows us to come to your home, office or anywhere else in the Phoenix Valley. We can handle windhsield replacement for Semi trucks, RV’s and Buses, Heavy Equipment Glass, and more. We also offer custom glass cutting.
At Dave’s Metro Glass we want your repair to be hassle free. This is why we offer a free mobile service to you. We want our customers to know that they have the option to come in the shop but when they prefer mobile service there will be no extra charge. In most cases, we are able to provide mobile service the same day!