The average cost for rear window vehicle replacements are $325. Rear window vehicle replacement expenses spanned from $200 to $450 in the US for 2021 according to RepairPal. Quotes don’t include labor expenses, taxes, and fees.
Rear Window Damage
You’re simply driving to the grocers, thinking about your list, when unexpectedly – Bang! Something has been hurled against the rear window of your car. A crack forming – and you know that after a while, a huge crack is going to develop.
Or possibly you were in a collision, in which you were rear-ended by another car. Your rear window is totally shattered, so when you want to get your car back in excellent shape again, you’ll need to have your rear window replaced.
Rear Window Replacement
Having your front windshield replaced is possibly the most common type of replacement, but many times the rear windshield also can get damaged. As with the front windshield, costs are going to vary based on factors like the type of vehicle, glass type (OEM or aftermarket), and the degree of the damage.
Check Your Insurance Deductible
Prior to you filing an insurance claim, make sure to compare your insurance deductible to the cost for the replacement. If the replacement cost is going to be less than your deductible, then your insurance company probably will not pay for the replacement. But if the replacement cost is higher than your deductible, and you choose to file a claim, you should. Your insurance company is most likely going to let you know if the replacement is covered or not.
Rear Window Replacement Process
A vehicle’s rear window is able to be replaced through a fast and easy process involving a couple of simple steps that are performed by an experienced technician that we are able easily connect you with.
- The technician is going to begin by examining the vehicle to assess the degree of the damage.
- Following that, the damaged window will be removed from the rear vehicle area.
- After the removal, any left-over glass pieces are cleaned out of the vehicle.
- New rubber stripping and sealant is installed.
- After the stripping and sealing, a new (OEM or aftermarket) rear window is then installed.
- Afterward, the technician is going to test the new rear window for effectiveness and will guarantee that it does not have any defrosting problems or technical deficiencies.
- In conclusion, your vehicle is going to get thoroughly cleaned of any glass pieces that could be left over.
If a damaged rear window impacts your driving safety, our technicians are on hand for same-day service to you get back on the road safety. Turn to Dave’s Metro Auto Glass for your rear vehicle window replacement so you can expect the best customer service, with the knowledge that your rear window is properly inspected to meet rear window installation standards.
Dave’s Metro Auto Glass Offers Rear Window Replacement
Dave’s Metro offers auto glass services to all areas of Phoenix including: Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale and more. We offer on-site or off-site windshield replacement which allows us to come to your home, office or anywhere else in the Phoenix Valley. We can handle windshield replacement for Semi trucks, RV’s and Buses, Heavy Equipment Glass, and more. We also offer custom glass cutting.